Welcome To The Family Medical Group
If you have COVID symptoms and require a test, you will find details of how to do so on the NHS Inform website, or you can book by calling 0800 028 2816.
Please see below for advice and information regarding the Coronavirus pandemic.
Attending the Practice
When attending an appointment, we ask for your co-operation in the following:
Wear a fluid resistant surgical mask. These can be provided at the reception desk.
Attend alone where possible
Maintain physical distancing
Attend as near to your appointment time as possible. You may be asked to wait outside if you arrive too early. If you are late for your appointment, please call the Practice before coming in as we may need to arrange another appointment for you.
Sanitise your hands with gel on arrival and departure (we have sanitising points at reception and in the waiting area)
DO NOT attend the Practice if you are:
Displaying symptoms of COVID19 (cough, fever, loss of taste/smell)
Self-isolating or in quarantine
Awaiting a COVID test result
If you have not received your COVID vaccination yet, please contact the surgery and we will advise you how to arrange this.
A new registration system enabling18-29 year olds in Scotland to register for the COVID-19 vaccine has been launched.
Those in the age group are being encouraged to register by going online at nhsinform.scot/under30register
or calling 0800 030 8013 before Friday 4 June to get their vaccine appointment details sent to them by email or text.
Those not registering will be sent their appointment details by letter at a later date.
Those aged 30 and over will receive a letter.
For more information about the vaccine, please visit
Please do not contact your GP Practice to ask for a Covid vaccination passport or status certificate. Please see detail below regarding the new Vaccination Status Scheme.
Covid-19 vaccination status scheme
- · A service that allows people travelling abroad to access their record of vaccination status themselves has launched.
- · A vaccination status letter can be downloaded from the NHS Inform patient portal or - for those not online - requested in the post via a Freephone Covid Status Helpline.
- · Only those planning to travel to a country or territory where a record of vaccination status is needed as an entry requirement should download the record or request it.
- · While there are no countries currently requiring vaccination status to travel, international travel restrictions can change quickly requiring such measures to be in place.
- · The measures are intended to ease the burden on the NHS by removing the need for people to ask their GP for a status record.
- · As Scotland's vaccination programme progresses, vaccination status will be replaced by digital Covid Status Certificates, which will include vaccination and testing data to be used for outbound international travel.
- · People can access their Covid-19 Vaccine Status online, by logging on to www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status.
- · People who have lost or forgotten their username or password will be able to create new ones by selecting 'forgot username' or 'forgot password' options. A Freephone Covid Status Helpline will allow people to get the record posted to them.
- People who did not receive a letter with a user name and password should click "recover user name" and follow the instructions.
- · It can be contacted on 0808 196 8565.
- · The Scottish Government continues to urge a highly cautious approach to international travel, given the risk of new variants. The four UK Chief Medical Officers have said that green-list status should be the exception, rather than the rule, with countries added to the list only where there are very good reasons for doing so.
If you are intending to travel abroad you should:
- · check the entry requirements for your destination country on the UK foreign travel advice pages
- · get up-to-date information from the website of your destination country
- · check the re-entry requirements for your return to Scotland
- · only request a vaccination record if it is absolutely required and you are due to travel in the next 21 days
The VAC4COVID Study
Vaccines are crucial for reducing COVID-19 and the harm it causes to health. By taking part in the VAC4COVID Study participants can help us understand how people do after vaccination and support public confidence in COVID-19 vaccines.
Registration is open to anyone aged 18 years or over in the UK. Participants can sign up before or after you get the Vaccine and will be asked to report on any health problems you have before or after vaccination. Participants will need an email address but can complete the online questionnaire on a PC, Tablet or Smart Phone. Click on the link below to find out more. Home page - VAC4COVID
Are you an unpaid carer who has not yet had the COVID vaccination?
Please see below for how to register that you are an unpaid carer and can then be prioritised for a COVID 19 vaccination.
Please click the following link for specific Government advice regarding Covid 19 for people living with an existing medical condition - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tailored-advice-for-those-who-live-with-specific-medical-conditions/
Welcome to the Family Medical Group website which incorporates Wallacetown Health Centre and Douglas Medical Centre GP surgeries.
We aim to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive range of healthcare services, covering one-off problems to longer term illnesses. Feel free to explore the site and find out how you and your family can benefit from our personal and professional approach to healthcare provision.
Patients should be aware that it may not always be possible for you to be seen at the site you registered with.
When making an appointment or if you receive a letter inviting you to come in, we will state whether it is Wallacetown Health Centre or Douglas Medical Centre you are to attend.
As well as being able to see when we are open, at the click of a mouse we’ve made it easier for you to see the services we provide. We have also introduced the facility to order your prescription online.
Order Your Prescription Online
The online prescription ordering service has changed.
If you already use our website to request your prescriptions or if you wish to start ordering online, you will need to register to use the new system.
Please ask at reception or download the Patient Services form below.
Online Patient registration form
This service is only available for items for which your Doctor has put on repeat.
The new service is not available to under 16's.
Under 16's should use the special under 16 form on our prescriptions page.
We are happy to accept registrations for new patients at any of our two practices so long as they reside in the practice area. Information regarding registrations can be found by clicking here.
If you decide to join us, you will find the service you receive from our dedicated team to be professional, caring and always confidential.
New GDPR Statement
For Information on how we manage your information in line with the new General Data Protection Regulations, please click here.
(Site updated 25/05/2021)