s/website_logo.docWelcome to The Family Medical Group
Welcome to the Family Medical Group website which incorporates Wallacetown Health Centre and Douglas Medical Centre GP surgeries.
We aim to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive range of healthcare services covering one-off problems to longer term illnesses. Feel free to explore the site and find out how you and your family can benefit from our personal and professional approach to healthcare provision.
Dr Ako and Dr McAskie are to leave the Practice in the near future, we wish them both all the best with their new ventures.
Dr Ako will leave us at the end of June and Dr McAskie will leave at the end of September. Dr Graham Dunthorne will start working with us on 10th August 2015 and will replace Dr Ako.
Due to a local and national shortage of available GPs and locums, we will be operating with fewer Doctors for a period of time. This will mean there will be temporary changes to the usual routine of the Practice.
The following changes will be implemented during this time:
- There will be no prebookable appointments at either site.
- There will usually be routine GP appointments available to book on the day at both sites, but occasionally you may be asked to come down to your surgery and just wait to be seen.
- We will not be able to offer any phone consultations to discuss test results. During this period if there are any abnormalities found, a GP will contact you.
- Please ensure that you order your medication before you run out and allow 48 hours for the order to be processed.
- Your patience during this time would be greatly appreciated.
The above may be subject to change.
As well as being able to see when we are open at the click of a mouse we’ve made it easier for you to see the services we provide, we have also introduced the facility to order your prescription online.
Order Your Prescription Online
Please select your practice link below which corresponds to the practice you are registered with to order your prescriptions online. This service is only available for items for which your Doctor has put on repeat.
We are happy to accept registrations for new patients at any of our two practices so long as they reside in the practice area. Information regarding registrations can be found by clicking here.
If you decide to join us, you will find the service you receive from our dedicated team to be professional, caring and always confidential.
(Site updated 20/05/2015)